Handmade Forged and Guilloched Laguiole Knife, Natural Blond Horn Handle
- Handle made of Natural Blond Horn.
- Stainless Steel Blade 12C27 of a thickness of 3 mm to the stub.
- Back of the blade is hand Guilloched all along the length.
- Opening/closing mechanism: Blade with Forced Notch.
- Bee and Spring Forged. Guilloched/Hand Chiseled Spring.
- The Plates are Guilloched, Hand Chiseled, and indented with Ebony Wood Wafers of 2mm.
- 2 Brushed Inox Bolsters, matte finish.
- Dimensions & Weight : 22cm open (8.7in), 12cm closed (4.7in), blade 10cm (3.9in), in average 110g (3.8oz).
- No dishwasher
Our Laguiole Knives are handmade, using traditionnal process and very high quality materials.
Horn is a natural material that varies in nuance. These varying hues are all part of their beauty and what make each handle unique.
Our handles are carved from the main horn to give incredibly robust, top quality knives. In ancient times, horn was favoured more highly than wood for its solidity.
Black horn is known for its solidity, it almost certainly owes its reputation to the fact that the first horns used were those of the buffalo, a very strong, hardy animal.
Horn handles can vary enormously in hue ranging from very dark (almost plain black) to dark beige.