Handmade Forged and Guilloched Laguiole Knife, Walnut Handle
- Handle made of Walnut Wood.
- Stainless Steel Blade 12C27 of a thickness of 3 mm to the stub.
- Back of the blade is hand Guilloched all along the length.
- Opening/closing mechanism: Blade with Forced Notch.
- Bee and Spring Forged. Guilloched/Hand Chiseled Spring.
- The Plates are Guilloched, Hand Chiseled, and indented with Ebony Wood Wafers of 2mm.
- 2 Brushed Inox Bolsters, matte finish.
- Dimensions & Weight : 22cm open (8.7in), 12cm closed (4.7in), blade 10cm (3.9in), in average 110g (3.8oz).
- No dishwasher
Our Laguiole Knives are handmade, using traditionnal process and very high quality materials.
Walnut trees and wood...
Walnut is a heterogenous wood with shades going from light brown to deep brown veined with black. Several species of walnut trees are generally used, such as European, American and Australian walnut.
Often used to make furniture, it is also commonly found in cars or used to make cupboards due to its robustness.
Stabilised walnut doesn't suffer the years and is therefore a favourite for the creation of sculptures and trophies.
Due to its stability and solidity, it was used to make propellers in the early days of military aviation!