Handmade Forged and Guilloched Laguiole Knife, Olivewood Handle
Handle made of Olivewood.
- Stainless Steel Blade 12C27 of a thickness of 3 mm to the stub.
- Back of the blade is hand Guilloched all along the length.
- Opening/closing mechanism: Blade with Forced Notch.
- Bee and Spring Forged. Guilloched/Hand Chiseled Spring.
- The Plates are Guilloched, Hand Chiseled, and indented with Ebony Wood Wafers of 2mm.
- 2 Brushed Inox Bolsters, matte finish.
- Dimensions & Weight : 22cm open (8.7in), 12cm closed (4.7in), blade 10cm (3.9in), in average 110g (3.8oz).
- No dishwasher
Our Laguiole Knives are handmade, using traditionnal process and very high quality materials.
The olive tree is The Tree of the Mediterranean!
An emblem of those areas, it flourishes on hillsides where cicadas sing and on plains bathed in sunshine.
With its golden hues, it is used in master crafts from wood-turning to sculpting and cabinet-making, and even in top of the range dining crafts. This wood will not suffer the years, rather it will sail through passing seasons without no other mark than its tint, which will darken over the years as if to witness the passing seasons.
Its cream to yellow-brown tones contrast with the darker brown to black lines. This gives it a timelessness which means it will never go out of fashion. In short, a classic.
Finally, you will love olive wood for its golden natural tones and its warm soft feel.